Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jehan @ 11 months





Since last entry Jehan has developed a lot. Pottying is GREAT!!! She is up to five times a day on the potty. She totally gets the point. She understands what the potty is for. In fact, when she sits on it I ask her "Where is the pee?" and she thinks hard and contracts her tummy to make herself pee.

Okay so what's the deal with the training? No Jehan cannot ask to go to the potty. I rather understand her urinating schedule almost to a science. I know that she rarely urinates while she is sleep. 100% of the time she goes whenever she awakens whether it is from the night or from a nap. After that she always pees 30 minutes to 45 minutes after the "sleep pee". And then she will go for a while with peeing approx. 1.5 hours. Then I just sit her on the potty. She just smiles while she goes cuz I have made such a big deal in the past. Now she KNOWS she is doing a good thing. I dont have to give her toys anymore to distract her while she sits. As soon as she is finished she knows to sit til I "get the tissue". I am to the point where I let her sleep without a pamper. I just snap the onesie as though they are under panties. I figure by the time she can say words all she has to learn to say is "pee" and she will totally potty trained.

I have always been of the thought that children know what you teach them. You don't have to wait until the social norm to start training and teaching. God-willing she will be reading by age three. I taught my younger sister, Qiyamah, how to read and do multiplication. YEAH AT 3!!!

So she has been walking for almost 3 months. She has started to run. Just in the past couple of days she has been following commands if I ask her to bring me the shoes or bring me the phone or the potato. Jehan has been so obsessed with sucking bottom of shoes even Daddy's size 11 heavy Timberland Boots. I get sooooooo grossed out that I shriek! Now we have stashes of shoes all throughout the house, on the mantles, behind the sofas, on the table, on the bookcases just to get them out of her reach QUICKLY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

think about how many diapers don't have to enter the landfills because of your infant potty training efforts! masha'Allah! between this and your urban gardening efforts, you are definitely deserving of some raggamuslim points! keep up the good work and eid mubarak!