Saturday, October 4, 2008

Watching Her Watch Me...




I'm really a Mommy! This little girl looks at me. She smiles at me. She kisses me. She hugs me. She holds onto me (and won't let go sometimes) SHE LOOKS UP TO ME! I love her AND SHE LOVES ME! Nooooow I know what the other mothers were talking about. This is a love that I have never experienced that grows by the second. Everyday I look forward to her awakening to see what else she has been instructed by God in her sleep to do to AMAZE me that day. As much as I am sleep deprived and as much as I desire my own peaceful "me" time, when I awake before her I lurk around the corner peeping to see if she has opened her eyes. When she has, she smiles at me and I smile at her and I dive onto the bed and we just... kick it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Indeed. And that bond is a special and sacred one. That's why its so difficult to understand how a parent, especially a mother, can harm their kids.

Enjoy these cute years my friend!

I'm dealing with 2 female teen-agers now. Whew! Hormones, mood swings, and the phone constantly ringing.

They grow soooo up fast.