Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time Is Moving Fast...






Rarely do I get a moment these days just to sit down and update this blog! My energy has resurfaced so I have the mind set to do things, but Jehan is a very focused child (i think that is the adjective I want to use). Anyway, she gets in her mind that "if Mommy opens that computer thing over there, I am going to run as fast as I can and find the heaviest object that I can lift and I am going to throw it as hard as I can at that thing that has all her attention. Oh! and if that doesnt work I am am going to jump into her lap and pretend that I want to breast feed and trick her! Instead I am going to bang the little buttons that she is typing on so fast and watch how mommy screams in frustration AND then Imma jump off her lap as fast as I can and RUN! Yeah that sounds like fun!"



So I just surrender the greater part of my day to doing what Jehan wants! I am trying to get better at giving her specific nap times instead of waiting for her to indicate that she is sleepy. I have not mastered that yet. I guess that comes from her not having her own bed yet, but then again that should not be an excuse. The more she sleeps the more I can get done Right? Wrong, Often times I am walking around in fear of waking her or I hear sounds of her crying but find out that it is just my imagination. I find myself limiting my activities because every other minute I fee l like she is going to awaken! When I put her to bed at night, I fall asleep putting her to bed. As long as I get four hours of sleep, though, I can function by getting up in the wee hours of the morning to get some kind of chores done or internet research or something.

1 comment:

JesPlayin said...

Welcome to new Mommyhood! I commend what you're doing. I wish I had more will power to continue as I started, but having 3 children has worn me down. I was a lot like you when I had my daughter, which is probably why our mutual friend SW really wanted us to connect. I'm not here to tell you that you will change your ways, just here to share my perspective. I still believe in a lot of what I always did, but I just relaxed my rules a little, that's all. Keep up the good work and let the haters hate. People aren't used to seeing loving black alternative couplehood/parenting/family, but I firmly believe it's'our duty to show it..